To deliver cattle to U.S. Premium Beef, you must first become a Lifetime Associate, which
costs $100. You are then eligible to market cattle either by buying Class A units, or leasing the right to deliver
cattle to a National Beef plant.
U.S. Premium Beef members have the right and obligation to deliver one finished animal per
year for each Class A unit they own.
LEASING DELIVERY RIGHTS
Delivery rights can be leased from USPB unitholders that own the delivery right. Many Qualified Custom Feedlots
and Qualified Seedstock
make delivery rights available to their customers. Use of, and access to delivery
rights can also be negotiated between the owner and deliverer for cattle shipping to National
Beef's Kansas plants. Call us for information on leasing delivery rights to National Beef's
Iowa Premium Beef Processing plant in Tama, IA.
|WHY MARKET THROUGH U.S. PREMIUM BEEF?
No other large-scale U.S. beef program more directly ties producers
to consumers to assure production of safe, consisent, high-quality beef products
- Own Class A units or lease delivery rights
- Delivery dates determined by the owner to harvest cattle at optimum end point
- Producers can finish cattle at the feedlot of their choice
- All breeds eligible (excluding high percentage Brahman, dairy, heiferettes and bulls)
- Carcass information provided at no charge
- Feedlot performance data available from cooperating yards
- Information, advice and consultation available with field staff
- Ranchers can sell to or partner with USPB producers on their source-verified calves
- Value-based grid pricing system that's very competitive with the industry
- Transportation credit to help with freight costs (Kansas plants only)
- Class A and Class B members have the opportunity to receive cash distributions as a result of USPB's ownership interest in National Beef
- Pride of ownership
- Vertically aligned with all segments of the industry - seedstock to meat processing
- Opportunity for a retail meat case presence through branded programs